Position Purpose and Objectives
A roofing foreman is responsible for leading a roofing crew to perform work safely and productively per specifications and to the standards of the company and customer, as well as:
- Provide leadership to a crew—fostering safety, teamwork and discipline—resulting in efficient and professional roofing installation
- Effectively manage labor, materials, equipment and administrative work
Specific Duties, Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Lead a crew to install or repair roof systems efficiently and safely
- Providing regular coaching, training, evaluation and feedback
- Influence crew to work safely and be disciplined and efficient
- Examine roof and penetrations to plan jobs, and strategically assign and allocate work to crew members, taking their desires, skills and temperaments into consideration
- Communicate and manage job-specific safety plans prior to the start of every job, conducting job-site audits and making alterations as conditions change
- Be an active participant or leader of weekly safety meetings
- Perform installation duties as necessary
- Meet production and quality goals
- Plan daily work goals to complete jobs on time, striking an appropriate balance between speed and quality
- Manage work flow of crew
- Ensure quality of repair or installation according to specifications and plans
- Keep projects on budget
- Solve field application problems with a minimum amount of supervision, notifying salesperson or supervisor when a specified installation is not possible
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Know when customers have communicated specific concerns or requests and make every effort to honor their instructions
- Manage job sites, equipment and materials
- Maintain a jobsite that complies with all safety guidelines
- Enforce safety regulations with everyone on a job site, including visitors and customers
- Inspect safety equipment and PPE before use each day
- Ensure roofs are safe and watertight at the end of each day, materials and equipment are stored safely and a fire watch is in place if necessary
- Exhibit exemplary responsiveness and personal leadership with all field and office personnel
- Communicate regularly with supervisor regarding work and personnel issues
- Supervise crew time sheets
- Record work performed daily
- Requisition materials and keep accurate materials and equipment reports
- Participate in operations and customer meetings as necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Work Skills – Foremen must exhibit basic communication and roofing skills necessary to manage the complex task of roof system installation / repairs.
- Ability to identify specific types of roofing materials and implement proper installation and repair methods.
- Ability to use all hand tools associated with roofing installation including simple hand tools and specific roofing related tools.
- Ability to identify safety hazards on project sites and take corrective measures to eliminate or reduce risks associated with those hazards.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral communications with crew members and residential department. The ability to listen is a critical aspect of communications.
- Capable of taking constructive criticism and learning from mistakes.
- Physical ability to lift and maneuver heavy weighted objects including materials and equipment.
- Ability to work at heights as well as access heights from a ladder.
- Quality – attention to detail and quality assurance of project and crew members
- Productivity – demonstrates the ability to meet and exceed standards, works quickly and accurately
- Cost consciousness – understands budgeting and implications to jobs
- Technology – the ability to use computers, phones and other relevant technology tools
- Roof system installation / repairs – the ability to execute and teach others to execute roof system installation / repair skills
- Safety and security – the ability to identify and correct unsafe conditions according to company and OSHA standards, using equipment and materials appropriately
Relational Interaction – Foremen must be able to thrive in a dynamic, interactive environment.
Leadership, Management and Teamwork – Foremen must be able to work well with others and within a company system.
- Leadership – motivates others to perform
- Management – ability to juggle schedules, details and outcomes
- Teamwork– desire to work with others to accomplish goals
Excellent and competitive benefit package including:
- and more!!!
Salary dependent upon experience.