Position Purpose and Objectives
A field technician is an entry-level employee responsible for working as part of a team to complete roofing work.
Specific Duties, Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Work with crew to complete all aspects of jobs assigned by the company, including tear-off, repairs, installation and other jobs as assigned.
- Be prepared to learn any and all aspects of jobs assigned by the foreman or lead man as necessary for job completion.
- Be on time for all shifts and ready to go at the assigned time with all personal tools and PPE.
- Work safely.
- Assist in setup and tear down of safety equipment as instructed.
- Abide by all job-site safety requirements, including PPE, fall protection and others.
- Participate in training.
- Participate in weekly safety meetings.
- Attend all companywide training events.
- Participate in manufacturer system-specific training.
- Participate in all other training as assigned.
- Deliver excellent quality and customer satisfaction.
- Learn to perform work according to company standards.
- Collaborate with the team for the benefit of all.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Work Skills – Field Technicians must exhibit basic skills necessary to work in roofing.
- Roof system installation / repair – the ability to learn necessary skills and execute them correctly
- Attention to detail – the ability to pay attention to quality and safety with a goal of installing correctly and working safely, and a willingness to make improvements
- Language skills- ability to read, analyze and interpret work-related documents
- Safety and security – ability to observe safety and security procedures and use equipment and materials properly and effectively
- Productivity – ability to work quickly and accurately to meet productivity standards
- Cost consciousness – ability to contribute to profits and revenues and conserve company resources
Relational Interaction– Field Technicians must be able to work effectively with people.
Leadership, Management and Teamwork – Field Technicians must be able to work well with others and within a company system
- Leadership – able to exert informal leadership with individuals at all levels of a company as well as customers, vendors, manufacturers, suppliers and distributors
- Teamwork – ability to work with others to accomplish goals; balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback
Education and Experience
- Driver’s license with insurable record
Excellent and competitive benefit package including:
- and more!!!
Salary dependent upon experience.